The Estate originally formed part of a Manor acquired by Sir Roland Hill MP in 1556 and remained the seat of the Hill family for almost 350 years. Hawkstone Hall is understood to date from circa 1700 with subsequent alterations between 1719 and 1725. There was then more substantial remodelling and enlargement in 1750.
The original Estate of the Hill family was broken up by 1906 when Hawkstone Hall was sold to the Liberal politician George Whiteley, later Lord Marchamley. He renovated the Hall and reduced the original wings in length. Between 1973 – 2017, the Hall was owned by the Catholic church & run as an International Pastoral and Retreat Centre with residential accommodation.
In June 2017, the Hall was acquired from the church, by The Distinctly Hospitable Group. The group carried out a major refurbishment to Weston Hall in Staffordshire in 2012, and have since been operating as a highly successful hotel, restaurant & wedding venue. More recently in 2015, they acquired & refurbished the Saracens Head, which is now operating as a gastro-pub & hotel. The refurbishment program at Hawkstone is now well underway, which will see the Hall transformed into a luxury wedding & events venue, with a total of 37 suites & bedrooms.